…and this site:
Once upon a time, this was a humble blog on a generic platform with very little creative flair or technical wizardry behind it. It was simply a place to share stories and random happenings with friends who were scattered across the globe. In many ways, little has changed – blog topics range from the ecclesiastical and political; to the trials and tribulations of London life; and musicals. There will always be musicals. However, for a while Liz has been frustrated by the state of her site and longed for something bigger, cleaner and more, well, professional. This is her attempt at such a thing. (With more than a little help from Andy Moore Creative Services – plug.)
Currently an ordinand at St Mellitus College, Liz is training for ordination in the Church of England while on placement at St George’s Holborn. Vicar school, ‘mixed-mode’ style, provides plenty of inspiration for blogging, as does her involvement in a fabulous missional community known as Matryoshka Haus. Should you be interested, you can learn 25 random pieces of information about Liz here. Over 7 years of blogging, she’s created a few series of posts:
- Friday is Friday Fun day. [Very original name.] A collection of vaguely amusing things to provide some light entertainment at the end of the working week.
- Throughout 2010, 2011 & 2012, she took note of everything she did for the first time.
- Since 2011, she’s chronicled Matryoshka Haus’ visits to Chateau Duffy.
- In moments of intensity and angst, she ponders the Eternal Problem.
- Since feeling a call to the priesthood, she’s been compiling an irreverent guide to becoming a reverend.
It goes without saying that this blog is best described as ‘eclectic’.